If you enjoy talking to people, are driven to achieve, have a passion for being the best in a fast paced work environment and some day aspire to run your own business but don’t feel ready to jump right in yet, this opportunity may be for you. The position is designed to give “on the job training” while working with a full time mentor in the agent’s office to build and cultivate customer relationships. You will be working to develop leads, solicit, consult and bind coverage to help customers manage their unique insurance and financial needs and while learning the logistics of managing a business and developing your skills and experience.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Establish customer relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
- Adaption of skills necessary to operate a business.
As an Agent Team Member, you will receive...
- Salary plus commission/bonus
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Valuable experience
- Growth potential/Opportunity for advancement in my office
- Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Enthusiastic about the role insurance and financial products play in helping people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams
- Dedicated to customer service
- Experience in a variety of computer applications, particularly Windows
- Pride in getting work done accurately and timely
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to make presentations to potential customers
- Achieve mutually agreed upon marketing goals
- Provide timely and thorough activity reports to agent
- Experience in marketing
- Ability to conduct interviews in the office and in customer's home or business
- Ability to assess customer needs and conduct effective interviews
- Ability to effectively relate to a customer
- Experience in marketing financial products
- Knowledge of financial services products
- Knowledge of life products
- Knowledge of health products
- Ability to explain complex financial issues in understandable terms
- Property & Casualty license (must be able to obtain)
- Life & Health license (must be able to obtain)
- Position may require travel
- Position may require irregular working hours
- Strategies to coach and develop others on the team
My Training Program Includes
- Learning to market property/casualty, life, health and bank products
- Learning to market property/casualty, life, health, bank and mutual fund products
- Setting sales and growth goals
- Working closely with the agent to gain an understanding of the agent’s role and office logistics
- Learning how to network effectively
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm Insurance Companies. This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. State Farm agents control which licensing requirements and training programs are offered or must be successfully completed by their employees. By accepting employment with a State Farm agent and/or successfully completing any licensing or training programs required by a State Farm agent, you are not guaranteed, promised or given any form of selection preference, should you choose to leave the agent’s employment and pursue the opportunity of becoming an independent contractor agent for State Farm Insurance Companies. If you choose to pursue an agency opportunity, you will need to apply and go through the regular State Farm Insurance Companies’ agent selection process
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents' employees are not employees of the State Farm Insurance Companies.
Bill Brennan - State Farm Agent
COULD YOU BE THE NEXT STATE FARM AGENT?? I opened my office in November of 2011. Prior to that I was a team member for a tenured agent for 5 years learning the insurance business and leading a team to achieve the goals our Agent set for us. I know what it takes to become an agent and I am looking for good candidates to follow in the same path I have. Since I have opened my agency I have placed 1 team member into Agency in Westmont, IL. My goals for our office are to grow each year and to develop and stregthen the relationships we have with State Farm customers. I am looking to hire an individual who aspires someday to be a State Farm Agent and to do this an individual must have these key characteristics and traits: self starter, results orientated, and passion. If you think you are interested in pursuing a career as a future State Farm Agent please contact me.
Company Website: www.billinsuresme.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)